How was everyone’s summer? Ready for back to school?
It’s been four months since my last tri-annual report. So how far have I come since April 2017? Hhmmm… I’m not the best judge of character since I’m leaning towards not much. What do you say?
Here’s what I’ve been able to accomplish and or fall by the wayside the past four months.
- Still awaiting notification from Feminine Collective magazine about the four poems I sent in June. Sent a submission status query and keeping fingers crossed.
- Submit again, again, again and again
- Write more feminist poems for chapbook
- Revise and edit feminist poems
- Find a new title for poetry manuscript
- Either make list of 2018 chapbook contests I’d like to submit manuscript to. Or self-publish as my second poetry chapbook.
- Shared my romance story in a thread in the Romance Club
- Started a discussion about dealing with awkward situations
- Started a discussion about friends with benefits to get ideas for the sequel to Dreaming of You
- Started a discussion requesting help for story title suggestions
- Added new story, Not Dreaming of You, to my works.
- Create a want ad in the Multimedia Designs club forum to find a new cover design for Not Dreaming of You
- Announce Not Dreaming of You as my 2017 NaNoWriMo novel
- Write and upload Not Dreaming of You chapters on Wattpad
- Dreaming of You
- 49,066 word count
- 1.1k reads 57 votes on Wattpad
- Entered in Wattys 2017
- The Soul Traveler
- July Camp NaNoWriMo word count 465 out of 25k goal
- 16,439 word count
- 123 reads and 20 votes on Wattpad
- Entered in Wattys 2017
- Garner as much reads and votes as possible for Dreaming of You and The Soul Traveler in the Wattys. (With your help if possible 😀 )
- Try to wrap up Dreaming of You novel as much as possible before NaNoWriMo
- Complete The Soul Traveler novella before NaNoWriMo
- Draft Hellsgate (temp title), a fantasy/supernatural inspired by dream (6-7 chapters)
- Finish drafting four romance/erotica novellas about a palmist, crystal ball fortune teller, an empath and psychic (6-7 chapters)
- Prepare for NaNoWriMo 2017
- Further track and review writing year to better plan for 2018
- Read more (duh, no brainer)
Well with this post ends my blogging break. I’m officially back to posting once a week, every Monday starting September 4th. And I already have a ‘To Be or Not to Be’ discussion post for all you readers and writers. But if you have question you’d like to discuss next week, I’d love to hear it.
Have any accomplishments or news you’d like to share? What was the best/worst part of your summer vacation? Have any writing surprises, epiphanies and or detours you’d like to share? Are you on Wattpad? Are you participating in Wattys 2017?
PS Dreaming of You and The Soul Traveler need your support. How? You can click the star on upper right corner or bottom of the page to cast your vote. Or promote it by sharing it on Twitter with the hashtag #Wattys2017. Thank you so much.