First things first, let’s get the rules of the One Lovely Blog Award out of the way!
THE RULES FOR NOMINEES
- When you get his award, thank the person who nominated you and link their blog.
- Add the One Lovely Blog Award to your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself that are not in your Bio.
- Pass this on to as many people as you like (max 15).
- Include this set of rules.
- Inform your nominees.
Hmmm, now to share 7 things about myself that’s not in my bio? That might be a bit hard, so sorry if I’m repeating myself.
- When I was little I got hooked on martial arts films so much I wanted to be a ninja when I grew up. Thought it’d be cool to fight with staffs, flip in midair, throw shuriken, run across water, etc.
- I’m a bookaholic. Actually it’s gotten so bad that I’ll need to attend Books Anonymous. But doubtful the program would be of any help.
- My favorite season is Spring. It used to be summer but that was my feelings during my younger years. The heat of summer was a sign of summer vacation and eating as much ice cream, snow cones, etc that I want. Now, the heat is just unbearable. I much prefer the gentle warmth of Spring and the blooming of colors and life that comes with it.
- When I was younger, when I attended Catholic school, I wanted to learn to play the clarinet and violin. I thought the instruments were cool and made a beautiful, distinct sound when played. Unfortunately I never had the courage to speak up about wanting to learn to play them. Also, because my mom was a single mom raising 3 kids. I knew there wouldn’t be enough money to pay for the instruments and join the school’s music club. Or for lessons.
- I’m a huge anime fan. It’s been my goal to pass my love for anime to my kids, as well as my love for books. Unfortunately, I’ve been more successful with the former than the latter. So much so, I’m the one asking my kids what anime they’re watching as they’re now more in the know than I am.
6. Aside from being an anime fan I’m a huge Korean drama fan. Actually, I started watching Korean dramas, after watching a lot of Japanese dramas. Which I only started watching because I really, really, really wanted to watch the TV series based on the manga Hana Yori Dango (Boys Over Flowers). My favorite Korean actor, one of many, is Lee Min Ho. Who also played the character of Domyouji in the Korean drama adaptation of Hana Yori Dango.
7. Hawaii, Paris, Italy, Greece, etc. These are the typical places most people might list as places they’d like to visit one day. That’s especially true for me, but there’s one place I’d love to vacation to the most above all. Akihabara, Tokyo, Japan. See #5. Akihabara is a district in Japan, a mecca of computer tech, video games, manga and anime.
Well those are my 7 things. Now who will I nominate? 😀