Oh man 2015 will be coming to an end in just 15 hours and 59 seconds. And to spend the last couple of hours left in 2015, I’m doing an end of the year blogging review. I’ve already listed some of my 2015 writing accomplishments in a previous IWSG (Insecure Writer’s Support Group) post. You can read it here.
But today I’m showcasing and celebrating the best posts of the year. Here on Paving My Author’s Road and my old blog IHeartAllStories.
So, let the countdown begin!
Thanks and according to AddThis.com, the most popular posts/top visits of the year on IHeartAllStories, from 10 to 1 are:
Now what pray tell were the most popular posts of the year for Paving My Author’s Road? Let’s find out:
Well there you have it, my top 10 posts of 2015 for both IHeartAllStories and Paving My Author’s Road. Of course, they were some adjustments as blog pages weren’t included. And as you can see Everything You Need to Know About Twitter Pitch made it to the top 10 on both blogs. Although it did better on PMAR than IHAS. Why? It can be many things. For example WordPress is the more popular blogging platform. Which helped that particular blog post reach further reading potential than Weebly. Also, it’s only recently (less than a year most likely) that I’ve been using hashtags to promote my blogs posts. Even so, it still made the top 10 twice. So a congratulations is in order!
As well as a thank you.
I thank you and these blog posts thank you. For following, reading, commenting and enjoying the posts this year. I had a great blogging year because of you. And hope to have another…no even better blogging year together with you in 2016.
Thank you again and Happy New Year’s!
December Writing Update:
- My poetry submissions were declined publication in the All We Can Hold anthology😦
- Room Magazine declined my poetry submissions😦
- Zymbol too. Yet they enjoyed reading them. Especially and I quote “particularly the deliberate rhythm of ‘From Morning Til Night’, and we hope you’ll try us again in the future.”
- Pembroke declined too. It just wasn’t the right fit at the time. And given the other selections for the next issue. Basically, my submissions didn’t mesh/compliment the other poems chosen.
- I’ve submitted a short to the Boulevard Emerging Writer Short Fiction 2016 Contest.
- I’m submitting my poems to Duende, Gemini Magazine and the Women’s National Book Association next.
- I also made a last minute submission to Agni. My last submission to them was in 2014 and I figured what the hell.
Wish me luck!
How was 2015 for you? Are you ready for the new year? What were some of your favorite posts this year?