2015 is the year of milestones. I had my 2-year blogiversary in May. My poetry chapbook “Can You Catch My Flow?” is now 6 months old (soon it’ll be available print on demand). And now I’ve just received the Infinity Dreams blog award. Making this my 2nd blog award in my blogging career!
It made my day that Celia from Word Wacker thought my blog, worthy for nomination. So behalf on Celia, Paving My Author’s Road and myself, I accept.
Now let’s get on with the award rules and guidelines:
1) Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
2) Tell us 11 facts about yourself
3) Answer the questions that were set for you to answer, and
4) Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
First, thank you, Celia. Like I said, you made my day. And per the rules, here are 11 facts about myself:
1) I’ve always wanted to be a writer because of Jo from Little Women.
2) I love the color blue. My closet is like a rainbow of different hues of blue with a sprinkle of other colors, here and there.
3) I’m impatient, which was why I started reading manga (graphic novel) because I couldn’t wait for the next episode of an ongoing anime. (Most anime are based on the original manga)
4) I’m slow to make decisions. I can spend almost 30 minutes on a menu and 50% of the time, order the same dish I always order.
5) I used to wish I was a twin because of my zodiac sign and the Sweet Valley Wakefield twins.
6) I had my first poem published in my junior high school yearbook.
7) Aside from wanting to be a writer since I was young, I also had a secret dream to become a ninja.
8) I don’t drive, mostly because I prefer public transportation. And I find it a bit scary and hard to learn. (I don’t get how people say it’s easy. No it’s not)
9) I’m a repeated ‘plantser.’ I both plan/plot and “fly by the seat of my pants” in writing and other projects.
10) I break every smartphone I get. Well not really break, just that certain things stop functioning as well as it first used to. For example, sometimes my phone won’t ring when people call me (it’s not even on silent or vibrate). And the texts I send aren’t received until hours later. I swear, I’m a magnet for malfunctioning electronics, but no one believes me.
11) I’m very clumsy to the point that my nickname should be “oww” or “destructor.”
Questions set for me:
Are you a morning person or a night person?
I sleep like the dead. It usually takes 2-3 scheduled alarms to get me up in the morning (snooze included). So yeah, I’m a night person but I’ve made it a point to go to bed at a reasonable hour now. I need the beauty sleep and to replenish my creativity well. The weekends are a different story.
What is your favorite TV show (current or past, broadcast or cable or streaming)?
This is a tough one to answer. I don’t watch much TV, although I love Married with Children, The Cosby Show, Family Matters, Sister Sister, Charmed, Big Bang, The Flash, Veronica Mars, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, That 70’s Show, etc. But for several years now, my viewing pleasure has been streaming videos of anime and Asian dramas from Korea, Taiwan, China, Thailand, and Japan. And there are too many favorites from that side of the hemisphere to list.
What was/is your favorite subject in school? How about your least favorite?
Hands down my favorite subject is English. My least favorite, though I was quite good in the subject in my younger years, was and still is, Math.
What is your favorite beverage to sip on a quiet evening?
A glass of Williamsburg Winery Governor’s White Riesling Wine.
If you could magically get the answer to one question, what would that question be?
Such a loaded question. I’m not even sure I’d ask. It’s like asking your boo if he thinks you’re fat. But if I could, then the question would be ‘what about me makes me stand out from others?’
What kind of music or radio station do you listen to most often? (If you don’t listen, why not?)
I mostly listen to The Steve Harvey Morning Show and The Frank Ski Show on WHUR 96.3. If I’m not listening to them then I’m listening to the Rob Base & DJ EZ Rock station on Pandora. Because I just have to get me my 80s and 90s music fix.
What is something about you that most people would find surprising?
I’m methodical about the most ordinary and strangest things. When I was younger, if I started walking on one foot (preferred my right), then the last step I take on a path must be the same foot.
If you were going to be an animal, what animal would it be?
I immediately thought of the cheetah. Don’t ask me why, but if I had to choose, I’d like to be a cheetah.
Who do you imagine as the target audience for your blog?
I’m still trying to nail who my target audience are. But I like to think of them as lovers of words. Readers and writers alike. Who’d want to travel along, side by side, on this wordsmith’s journey.
What is easiest for you about blogging? What is hardest?
Finding and writing content that interests me and my readers. Funny enough, finding and writing content that interests me and my readers.
What’s one pet peeve?
Opening food packages (cereal, cookies, crackers, etc) and not sealing it back up properly.
Blogs I’m Nominating:
And they’re all women. Looks like I’m answering Kamila Shamsie’s challenge prematurely and in a different way.
Questions Set for the Nominees:
1) What was the first book you’ve ever read?
2) If you were to choose, which book would you like to be physically transported into?
3) What do you like to do to bring yourself out of a funk/bad mood?
4) How do you determine success?
5) Do you prefer paperback or ebook? Why?
6) Are you a Star Trek fan or Star Wars?
7) What TV show(s) are you currently obsessed with?
8) Who would you want to play you in your biography movie?
9) What is your dream destination?
10) Who is your favorite superhero/heroine?
11) Who is your hero?
Whew! My award acceptance is now complete! Thank you again, Celia, for this nomination. And thank you for stopping by.
PS My 200th blog post milestone is next month on July 20th. And I don’t know what I should do to celebrate. Any suggestions?